The Jackal, as it turned to be was me, was everyone i've encountered, everyone i've ever loved, of everyone who I have yet to love. The Jackal was a reflection of me and now it is a tree.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
lesson learned
In my dreams, in imprints of outlines in the dark of night, I see faces, jackals, things that cause me fear and torment. On a recent journey into the depths of my psyche, I saw this Jackal looming in the background of a forest floor, treading stealthily in the background of the faded light cast by the tall trees. A mask, an animal, a man? As the question loomed, this apparition started running towards me, a terror that I wanted to run away from, but upon guidance from a dear friend as well as a considerable lack of sleep, I became fierce and emboldened and stood my ground. I said that I was not running away, that I was not afraid. As forces of nature abided, my toes started to thread deep within the soil and within moments the circumference of my legs melded and with arms raised, I started to feel the rise to the height of trees. This fear, turned into a glow within the center of my being and I looked down upon this jackal and felt for the first time at a point where I could talk without wanting to run and hide. I asked it whether it was there to harm me or help me, and in its voice, it projected that its intent was to serve as a reminder for me. It reflected every sadness and every great joy, it reflected in essence all that I had chosen for myself and indeed all that I had yet to choose. I realized that at that moment that I had and always have the choice of life or death- of love or fear - of opposition or harmony at each moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment